Monday, February 15, 2016

Perfect Salmon Paleo






I have to admit that I do not naturally like fish at all.  I don't like the way it smells or looks or feels.  I do, however, know how many benefits there are to eating fish, so I thought I would share a recipe for salmon that makes it taste as little like fish as possible!  

First, you will need to purchase some fresh salmon steak that weighs between 1 1/2 and 2 pounds.  I used two one pound salmon steaks when I made this for my son and his girlfriend on his very first Valentine's Day date.  She is a vegetarian, but she loves salmon, so he wanted to make her a special salmon dinner.  So sweet, but that really means he dips his finger in the melted dark chocolate we were using to dip the strawberries while I do the cooking.

Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.  Turn the stove to medium-high heat and set the cast iron skillet on to heat. Chop the 1/2 cup fresh herbs and add with the five tablespoons of olive oil and two tablespoons of coconut oil to the skillet.  





Heat until herbs sizzle in the pan, about five minutes.  Place salmon in the skillet skin side up and place in center of oven to bake for five minutes.



Remove from oven and peel back skin.  Skin should peel easily.  If not, bake another two or three minutes before trying to remove the skin again.  Salt and pepper the salmon before gently turning over.

Place back in oven and bake an additional six minutes.



Top with lemon juice and additional oil reserved from skillet.  Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment